100% electric motoglider
ElectroLight 2 is an ultralight motorglider with an electric propulsion system and a silent propeller. Samy Dupland makes the first flight the 21.12.2011 from Sisteron's airfield. See here the News on the French Blog.
ElectroLight 2 [click on the pictures to open them in HD]
Prototype ElectroLight 2 is a demonstrator made by ELECTRAVIA thanks to OSEO PACA and Incubateur Impulse (French business developpment organizations). It allows to implement the many innovations developped by the company : electric engines (E-MOTOR), controller with recharge, silent propellers E-PROPS, motors & batteries insruments E-SCREEN, BMS & PCM for LiPo batteries, special optimized engine fairings in order to reduce form drag and interference drag and optimize system's performances.
ElectroLight 2 is a nice and silent motorglider, simple to fly, very reliable and economic. With a Lithium-Polymer pack of 5,55 kWh (34 kg), the flight range is 1h35 and the altitude gain about 3.000 m @ best glide ratio speed (90 km/h).
ELECTRAVIA is selling the whole electric propulsion system [electric engines, controllers, batteries, instruments, propellers], and can implement the system on a strong and light glider's airframe. See prices of the ElectroLight2 below.
Wings are in wood, fuselage in welded mesh
Airframe parachute GRS
ElectroLight 2 is a French ultralight, certified by French DGAC and registrated as 04FF.
ElectroLight 2 is equipped with an electric propulsion system =>
- engine E-MOTOR GMPE 102 of 26 HP
- Lithium-Polymer batteries with BMS and PCM
- silent propeller E-PROPS see here => E-PROPS
- instrument E-SCREEN : 3" OLED screen [Batteries Discharge Indicator, Motor Thermometer, Motor Ammeter, Batteries Ammeter, Batteries Voltmeter], with record sytem on SD card.
Wing span : 15 m
Lenght : 6,35 m
Wing surface : 11,7 m²
Cockpit width: 0,6 m
Load factors =>
limit : + 4g / -2g
max : +6g / -3g
test flights made in January 2012
With engine E-MOTOR GMPE 102 and E-PROPS propeller, at max weight of 315 kg :
Stall speed : 63 km/h
Best glide ratio speed : 90 km/h
Cruise speed : 140 km/h
Max speed : 160 km/h
VNE : 170 km/h
Best glide ratio : 25
Flight range / altitude gains =>
@ best glide ratio speed (90 km/h)
Lithium-Polymer battery charge time =>
Samy after first flight
ARTICLES IN ENGLISH :
- Blog of CAFE FOUNDATION : Going Vintage Electrically
- News on the EAA website : ElectroLight2 Helps Vintage Gliders Motor Aloft
- Gliding International : new life into older gliders
- Test on Vol à Voile Magazine (in French) : ElectroLight2 High Tech et vieille toile
*** ELECTROLIGHT 2 is an aircraft from ELECTRAVIA. ElectroLight® is an ELECTRAVIA trade mark - all rights reserved ***