with ELECTRAVIA propulsion system
flight test campaign above Sisteron's airfield (LFNS)
This MC30E Firefly is equipped with a complete electric propulsion system ELECTRAVIA :
- engine and controller E-MOTOR GMPE 102 (maximum power 26 HP)
- custom-made propeller E-PROPS designed for this aircraft
- specific instrumentation on OLED screen, with data recorder
- Lithium-Polymer batterie of 4,7 kWh (KOKAM cells, BMS & PCM Electravia), 33 kg, endurance 55 minutes.
- special optimized engine fairings in order to reduce form drag and interference drag and optimize system's performances.
click on small pictures to
open them in HD
Empty weight of the aircraft incuding batteries : 113 kg (248,6 lbs)
Between 1rst and 3rd of August, 7 fight tests have been realized. Data are extrated from specific instrumentation developped for this aircraft and this application.
Some tests results :
- max climb rate : 6 m/sec / 1.181 ft/mn
- max. horizontal speed : 220 km/h / 119 kt at 3000 ft
- take off run : 62 m / 189 ft
- noise level at take off : 52 dB/A
During passage 150 m vertical airfield, the noise generated by this electric aircraft is lower than the ambient noise in the campaign around.
In comparison with a MC30 Firefly with a 26 CV four-stroke engine :
- max climb rate increases by 41%
- max. horizontal speed increases by 10%
- take off run is reduced of 38%
- noise level at take off is reduced from 61 to 52 dB/A (- 9 dB/A)
In February and September 2012, 4 FAI world records have been established with this MC30E.
Those records are the first in this new FAI subclass RAL1E.
Those records are not the maximum the
pilot could do with this electric aircraft :
He has reached this altitude with only 35 Ah of the 60 Ah he had on the batteries, and the maximum speed was only on a 50 km circuit and not the maximum speed ha could have reached (about 220 km/h).
The pilot has choosen to do such records now and to increase them in the coming months...
For more information, please contact our team => firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTICLES in ENGLISH :